Your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of the updated policies.
1. Information Collection, Use, and Opting Out
The types of information I collect depends on your level of engagement with the Sites. The higher the level, the more information I need to provide my services.
A. All AmberCookHomes.com Website and Users of the AmberCookHomes.com Applications -From registered and unregistered users of the Sites, I automatically receive and record information whenever you interact with the Sites. This includes IP address data from my server logs, cookie information, the pages you request, and the URL of the site you came to the Sites from. From all Users of the AmberCookHomes.com Applications ("App Users") I also collect the mobile device ID and your geo-location information so that I can interact with you; I need to know where to direct responsive Application pages and it allows me to provide geo specific information, such as homes for sale near you. Your IP address serves the same function for website Users. App Users can turn off my access to your geo-location by adjusting "location services" within your iOS or Android device settings. Doing this will not effect the performance of the Sites but will reduce search capabilities. I use the information listed above to help diagnose Site problems and performance, analyze trends, customize your experience on the Sites, and administer the Sites.
Cookies and opting out:
- AmberCookHomes.com Cookies: I put AmberCookHomes.com cookies on your computer to help me keep track of what you last searched on the Sites. While you are free to disable cookies on your browser, I recommend that you leave cookies activated or some options and functions of AmberCookHomes.com will be unavailable
- Third-Party Cookies for Website Use Analysis: I use third parties such as Google and comScore to help me analyze how people are using the Sites.
- Do Not Track: Some browsers have a (do not track) feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Using these features or others like "Incognito Mode" and so on and so forth will limit your ability to use many services that the Sites have to offer.
- My Zip: My Zip is a feature that allows you to upload notes about a property, save searches, add favorites, and otherwise organize homes that may be of interest to you. I save all of this "My Zip" information for your use later. It is stored with your AmberCookHomes.com account information.
- Account Password Security: Your AmberCookHomes.com account password is encrypted on my server, and is known only to you.
- Account Updates: By visiting your My Zip: Account Settings, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information associated with your account. However, even after you update information, I may maintain a copy of the original information in my records.
C. Home Tours -When you submit a home tour request, I will ask for your tour date and time preferences, as well as your phone number. I will also ask some questions so that I can verify your identity. When you meet with me at the home, I will ask you to verify your identity, and may even ask for a photo ID. At this point, your relationship with me is not just online.
2. Information Storage
I store all User information on secure servers in multiple locations
3. Information Sharing
I share your information with AmberCookHomes.com personnel in the normal course of business. I will only share your information with third parties if allowed by you, the end user upon arrangement.
B. AmberCookHomes.com Clients:
- Public Record Information: Please be aware that home sales and purchases are a matter of public record, and your name and address, the price you paid, your property taxes, and other information will be available from public sites regardless of the brokerage(s), if any, who assist in the transaction. I post on my Sites some information that typically becomes part of the public record of a home sale or purchase.
- Non-Public Record Information: I can share information obtained from you that is not public record in order to facilitate your home purchase or sale transaction.
- Service Providers to all AmberCookHomes.com Clients: I work with third parties to process your home search and sale transaction, and must share your information with those third parties. Examples include MLS's and providers of software used for document preparation and electronic signing.
- Home Seller Service Providers: As is customary as your home sales agent, I share your listing information with MLS's and other listing websites, such as Trulia.com, Zillow.com, and Realtor.com.
- Home Buyer Service Providers: As is customary as your home purchase agent, I must share your buying information with inspectors, title companies, escrow agents, closing attorneys, lenders, and other third parties as needed to process your transaction.
- Potential Buyers: By law, I am required to disclose to potential buyers certain information you provide about your property.
- Negotiations: I also post on my Sites price offers and counteroffers. I do not post your name on my Sites without your permission but if the sale is closed, the price and the fact that you bought or sold your house at that price is a matter of public record.
4. Information Deletion
You may request deletion of your AmberCookHomes.com account by e-mailing me at amber@AmberCookHomes.com, or by "Deactivating your Account" on your Account Settings page. I may keep a copy for my records.
5. Email Communications
I communicate with account holders and Clients about their accounts and home tours, searches and sales by email. You may also subscribe to Listing Alert Emails with customized summaries of homes for sale. If you opt-in to also receive marketing email messages, AmberCookHomes.com may send you AmberCookHomes.com-related news, surveys or promotions. If you do not want to receive alerts or marketing email from me, please visit the Email Preferences section of your profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. If you want to stop receiving all email from me, delete your account.
The Sites are meant for adults. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 14 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 14 has given me information, you can email me. You can also write to me at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries "COPPA Information Request."
8. Contact Me
Please contact me if you have more questions. If you have any questions about this policy, please email me at amber@AmberCookHomes.com. You can also write to me at: Amber Cook, 18565 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886.